Recently, I was asked, “How’d you get your teeth so white? What do you brush with?” This was an inspiration for this post.
So I’ve been intrigued about naturally whitening my teeth for some time. I don’t drink coffee, rarely drink alcohol but somehow, my teeth were still stained.
I’ve tried home remedies of naturally whitening teeth with herbs. Some worked, some did not. Then I tried this;
Is it worth it?
Here’s a list of things I liked about the toothpaste;
- All natural
- Packaging is aesthetically interesting
- It’s a toothpaste, appears to clean teeth
- Activated Charcoal
- Contained coconut oil and other healthy ingredients with names I could pronounce.
- Fluoride free
- Peroxide free
- Had little to no effect on whitening my teeth over a period of 3-4 week use.
- No major impressions to entice me to continue using it
- Stains toothbrush (which I expected but still didn’t like)
- Weakens enamel over time (caused sensitivity)
- No powerful minty smell after brushing (it quickly subsides)
- Was approximately $10 per tube, too expensive for no change.
Unfortunately, this particular brand had no major whitening effect on my teeth. I used it consistently for almost four weeks and there was no change in the whiteness of my teeth compared to other toothpastes and natural methods I’ve tried since then.
I would not recommend this brand. Additionally, I may try another charcoal brand but so far my current method has been working well enough for me not to need to try another charcoal brand. However, that’s for another post.